How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will TalkBook - 2012
From #1 New York Times bestselling authors, the ultimate "parenting bible" ( The Boston Globe )--a timeless, beloved book on how to effectively communicate with your child.
This bestselling classic by internationally acclaimed experts on communication between parents and children includes fresh insights and suggestions, as well as the author's time-tested methods to solve common problems and build foundations for lasting relationships, including innovative ways to:
· Cope with your child's negative feelings, such as frustration, anger, and disappointment
· Express your strong feelings without being hurtful
· Engage your child's willing cooperation
· Set firm limits and maintain goodwill
· Use alternatives to punishment that promote self-discipline
· Understand the difference between helpful and unhelpful praise
· Resolve family conflicts peacefully
Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, Faber and Mazlish's down-to-earth, respectful approach makes relationships with children of all ages less stressful and more rewarding.
From the critics
QuotesAdd a Quote
The tension was excruciating. She said, “He’s a stubborn one!” Still no response. A moment later he finally cried—that
It’s always a great pleasure to hear from our readers, but the letters that are most gratifying are those where people share how they actually used the principles in How to Talk
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
There are no age suitabilities for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.