Food to Grow on
Give your Kids A Healthy Lifestyle for KeepsBook - 2005
How can I help my child develop healthy eating habits for a lifetime?
How can I help my kids have a positive attitude towards food and active living?
Is my vegetarian child getting enough nutrients?
FOR ALL THOSE parents who find their plates overloaded with conflicting information on what constitutes a nutritionally sound, good-tasting diet for their children help has arrived.Food to Grow On, first published a decade ago, has now been completely updated, serving up a reassuring, practical nutrition strategy that parents and kids will love. Combining the latest guidelines and research on healthy eating for kids with over 150 recipes,Food to Grow On looks at the dietary needs of growing appetites, from preconception to early adolescence. Friendly, creative and easy to follow, this is a book that belongs on every parent's kitchen counter. Among the highlights:
• The special nutrients you require during pregnancy
• How much food do babies really need?
• Avoiding "good" and "bad" labels on foods for young children
• The value of snacks
• Reducing school lunch monotony
• Promoting energy balance and healthy weight for life
• Coping with food messages in the media
• 150 recipes, from Thai Vegetable Spring Rolls to Chewy Granola Bars